Friday, March 24, 2006

Self-Portrait of the Bullshit Artist as a Middle-Aged Man


I wanted to call this post "Interview with Myself", but apparently, I'm only the one-millionth person to think of the title. The title I went with is a more accurate description of yours truly, don't you think? You don't have to laugh that hard.

Earlier this week, I came across a listing for a blog called "Netlogged" (http://www.netlogged.com). It's a blog about blogs, blogging and bloggers. It's done by a guy named Sandeep who, as far as I can tell, is based in India. Either way, he's a cool guy who does a very professional job. Sandeep is the George Plimpton of the blogosphere; on his site, he invites bloggers to be interviewed about blogging. The how's, when's and why's behind their blogs. A fine idea. Someone should record the backstory of the blogging phenomenon, right?

Always on the lookout for an opportunity to talk about my favorite subject (myself), I eagerly took him up on his offer. Sandeep provided the questions. My answers are on display at the above-posted link (just click on "John Left"). Let me know what you think.

I don't mean to toot my own horn (Hey! No "contortionist" jokes!), but I think I did a pretty decent job of interviewing myself. Having done my first interview, I'm starting to feel like a regular pop star. The next thing you know, I'll be compelled to jump on sofas and deliver endless lectures on my halfassed political views.

Oh, wait. I'm already doing that. The lecturing, that is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Happy Villain said...

Way cool, John! You lead well by example. But... no picture? ;)

That's an interesting referral tool. I hope it brings many bright readers to your blog.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

The website is pretty cool....I think you did great on your interview....A interesting site!!!

Oh yea....I confess...I've been over to your blog a few times!!!....Thanks for visiting mine.....and leaving such a nice comment.

Have a great day!!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

That is quite funny. A very interesting idea and link. Thanks for a cool post. Well done.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home