Friday, February 17, 2006

A Request From the Connoisseur of Pop Culture Crap


Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a connoisseur of pop culture crap. That said, let me ask you to do one thing: vote for Lisa Rinna on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars". You see, I've fallen in love with her.

Yes, wrestler Stacy Keibler was my first choice. It's easy to love a tall, shapely blonde who can shimmy like nobody's business. But Ms. Rinna, a 42-year old soap opera actress I didn't know from Eve before seeing this show, has won my heart. She just seems to try so hard. You can see it on her face when the fey-n'-catty dance judges hold up their score cards, "Gong Show"-style. Lisa's need to succeed is so intense, she even pulled out a photo of her young daughters, a few episodes back, and dedicated her performance to them. This lady WANTS that cheesy glitter ball trophy. Badly.

Besides, Stacy Keibler is 25 and, thanks to "D.W.T.S.", has already landed on the cover of Stuff magazine. The same magazine Adam Sandler has probably sent to the casting director of his next movie. Stacy's salary will soon be light years beyond "Dancing With the Stars'" budget. As wonderful as she is, she doesn't really need to win.

So this middle-aged guy is throwing his support behind a middle-aged gal with a work ethic. I encourage you to do the same.

I always had a soft spot for the underdog. Especially underdogs with toned figures and the sexiest lips this side of Angelina Jolie. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go empty my drool bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home